Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why aren't my photo albums in alpha order on AppleTV?

I have AppleTV 1. When I scan my iPhoto albums to select one to play a slideshow, the albums are not in the alphabetical order as in iPhoto. And, AppleTV shows some "albums" that are actually not albums at all - they are individual photos. Can anyone explain this? How can I get AppleTV to show all of my albums in alpha order?

MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.5), iPod Classic - Photo

Posted on May 14, 2011 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2011 8:58 AM

Are you syncing events or albums, if for example your albums are in the order and you are actually syncing events or a combination then things might not look as though you think they should.

The Albums on my Apple TV are in the same order as they are in iPhoto.

4 replies

May 14, 2011 10:49 AM in response to AMCarter3

I couldn't answer that with any guarantee, I don't share events with my Apple TVs. If as may be the case events aren't able to be listed in the same ways as albums, you might consider using Albums instead of events. I use them out of preference as they allow me to do a number of things that events don't, such as missing out photos or using the same photo in more than one album.

Why aren't my photo albums in alpha order on AppleTV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.