Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying a book...

Hi, I am trying to buy a book and I get this message: "An error occurred while contacting the Apple Online Store. Please try again." For two days now... rebooted... internet is fine... Help?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 14, 2011 5:04 PM

8 replies

May 18, 2011 12:18 AM in response to Gabriella-B

I have this same issue but when I check my country as described above it has the correct country listed (New Zealand). I've tried changing the country to something else then restarting iPhoto and changing it back to NZ but I still get the same error.

I've spent over 20 hours on this book so this is quite frustrating!

I'm using: OS X 10.6.7 | iPhoto '11 version 9.1.3

Jun 19, 2011 3:10 AM in response to Gabriella-B

I had exactly the same problem trying to order a book (with Mac OS X 10.6.7/iPhoto 9.1.3).

iPhoto gave me an "an error occurred while contacting the apple online store. please try again"

Console said "iPhoto[] checkoutSession:didReceiveError: - kXPCOConfiguration error"

I had the correct country selected in iPhoto's store settings, but just like VanillaCoke, turning off "Set dat and time automatically" sorted the problem out. Weird!

Buying a book...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.