7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 14, 2013 1:39 PM by avangari
hotwheels 22 Level 1 Level 1
expertise.desktops
Desktops

Hi All.

I am trying to desperately get everything together here as I have to take care of an emergency out of town.

My iPhone sync is not working in iTunes because the phone is not showing up as a Device (it is also not showing up on the computer). I have synced it before, though I just checked backups and it looks like these happened only once in march and once in april.

This seems to happen a lot.

I have tried shutting down iTunes a couple of times and I have tried unplugging the phone.

My understanding of the help is that I plug the phone in and then I start iTunes.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

- Jonathan

Reply by claytonfromdes moines on May 14, 2011 9:08 PM Helpful

Uninstall Itunes, and delete all the files except for the ones in the itunes media directory. Then, reinstall Itunes. The reason you have to do this is because the drivers that would support the IPhone have been corrupted.

Reply by claytonfromdes moines on May 14, 2011 9:52 PM Helpful

Yes, uninstall Itunes. There is an article I recommend that was posted by another respondent that deals with this issue, and because of the complexity of the nature of this problem, read and follow the directions given exactly, because you will need to remove the Apple Mobile Device driver, and you could really mess up Itunes if you do this wrong.

All replies