Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still having a hard time with "search" driven new support site.

I am still having a very hard time using this new support site. It is extremely confusing. Confusing is frustrating.

I've looked at the Tutorials and User Tips. While the User Tips have often been helpful, overall I feel like the Tutorials especially is like getting a 5 page pamphlet on how to fly a jet plane. Top level overview. Not detailed enough.

It shouldn't be so difficult - it's overly complicated to use this new site. It should be intuitive. It's not.

My biggest issue is that this forum seems to REQUIRE a user to KNOW a priori what the user is looking for so that a SEARCH can be done. It seems to have no "browse" friendly features such as categories. And it's missing those ambient indicators such as the partially filled light blue dots on the old forum that showed in a nano second what threads were new, had updated posts, or were already read.

The new site seems geared to take one down a rabbit hole with SEARCH too because it's constantly suggesting very OLD content that's not relevant.

If you don't SEARCH and use just the right terms and know exactly how to set up some sidebar, toolbar, RSS feed, bookmark, email notice, etc etc etc. it's almost impossible to find things on purpose or accident or to know when a thread is updated.

On the old forums, when I would post a question for myself I made a point to browse for threads where I might be able to help someone else. I have no idea how I could do that now.

I now dread having to use the forums. I can't seem to help myself by finding existing answers in prior posts, help myself by keeping up with my own posts (since I can't tell what's new/updated) and I can't help others.

It would be great if some kind of organization and structure could be put in place to help make this support site browse friendly.

Posted on May 14, 2011 8:27 PM

There are no replies.

Still having a hard time with "search" driven new support site.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.