Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macromedia folder/plist file

Hello.

I have deleted the macromedia folder in user/library/preferences and the safari plist file , in order to clean and lighten safari .

I don't know if I did right and I would like some opinions on this matter please.

I can always recover the old macromedia folder with Time Machine but I don't believe there is a reason to do so.

Safari is rebuilding those folders with new content.

I would like to delete the Local Storage folder in the user/library/preferences folder , and let safari recreate it but I didn't considered it necessary.

Still I am thinking of doing it.

Any considerations ?

Thank You

2.16 intel core 2 duo imac5.1, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 2,5GBmemory

Posted on May 15, 2011 12:35 AM

5 replies

May 15, 2011 2:59 AM in response to hydrofal78

I'm not sure why deleting the Macromedia folder would help with Safari...

If you delete a .plist file, the Mac OS X will regenerate a new one for you the next time you launch the app.

If you have specific issues with Safari, better to tell us what's wrong so we can try and help you troubleshoot.

We need details... is it crashing? freezing??

May 15, 2011 3:12 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Nothing serious.I found out that there were many folders from previous sites that i don't use and I wanted to clean them . It is not crashing or freezing , just needed to do some prevention and maintain the archives of flash player.

I guess there was no reason to do it.

You know that with the reset option from the safari menu there is no way to clean old and unused records of the user/library/preferences/macromedia/flash player folder .

What about the user/library/safari/local storage folder ? Do you think I could delete its content or shall I let it as it is? Would it contribute to a safari maintenance ?

May 15, 2011 3:22 AM in response to hydrofal78

You know that with the reset option from the safari menu there is no way to clean old and unused records of the user/library/preferences/macromedia/flash player folder .

Now I see what you meant by Macromedia... Macromedia was bought out by Adobe.

You can delete Flash cookies. http://machacks.tv/2009/01/27/flushapp-flash-cookie-removal-tool-for-os-x/

Yes, you can delete the contents of the Local Storage folder.

For Safari maintenance, just emptying the cache daily can help.

macromedia folder/plist file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.