Skip navigation

Need the old announcement back not to post technical questions here

773 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2011 4:53 PM by WZZZ RSS
WZZZ Level 6 Level 6 (11,875 points)
Currently Being Moderated
May 15, 2011 8:19 AM

Not that it was ever very effective. But, better than nothing.

I'm beginning to see a number of posts with questions and responses that don't belong here, but in the appropriate forum (to which they haven't yet been moved.) I would like to see this forum still reserved for discussions or doesn't-fit-elsewhere feedback only.

I'm seeing one post with replies, which is almost a day old; it hasn't been moved.

I can understand wanting to help someone and not let their question langish, but I wouldn't want to see this become too common.

• Colin Robinson Level 6 Level 6 (8,290 points)

There is an option in 'Report abuse' to alert the Hosts about posts that need relocating:

Screen Shot 2011-05-15 at 17.38.54.png

• John Maisey Level 5 Level 5 (6,870 points)

I'll second the 'Relocate Post' option. The moderators seem pretty quick to move things in their work hours. In one case I reported a post and by the time I'd written a two line response it had been moved.

Best wishes

John M

• Peggy Level 8 Level 8 (38,085 points)

I seem to spend most of my time on ASC reporting post to be "relocated," especially in the iWork for iPad "community." Less so in the Mac iWork forums, but still too much. I don't normally report those in this forum because I know the hosts read more of the posts here. I thought one of the "benefits" of the new software was to "guide" posters to post in the correct forums but it's not happening!

• Tuttle Level 7 Level 7 (28,960 points)

I was ... suggesting we don't reply to these posters here

I think that you are within your rights if, as a form of protest, you choose not to reply to people who mistakenly post technical questions in this forum; I also think that encouraging others not to respond to people who mistakenly post here is a bit over the top.

IMO, it's best to answer questions when and where you can and to leave the rest to the Hosts.

- ..- - - .-.. .

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.