Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I get the 16gb or the 32gb iPad?

I need to decide if I should get the 16GB or the 32GB iPad, I'm not sure if it's worth it to shell out another $100 for the extra space! Here's some info:

• I only have about 1gb of music and pictures on it.
  • I will only have 1 movie or 2-3 episodes on it at one time, for travelling occasions only.
  • I plan on storing around 20 books on it, and eventually more.
  • I'm going to have a lot of apps. And I mean, a lot.

So, I'm mainly going to be using it for apps, books, and web surfing. Will 16GB be enough? (Also, do you think the white color will turn yellowish and fade over time, or stay white?)

Thank you,

Cate

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 15, 2011 3:48 PM

8 replies

May 16, 2011 10:15 AM in response to bunnyzilla.carrot

It's a personal decision, but here's my thinking and why I decided to get the 16 GB WiFi:

• I was on a budget. And for the extra $100, I bought the Smart Cover and two years of accidental damage protection from Square Trade. Protecting my iPad from the rigors of my studio and classroom and travel was more important to me than extra storage space to keep things I don't need to access.
  • I am consciously trying to work more and store work more in the cloud. I have MobileMe and DropBox for document and photo storage. (And FLICKR). I don't need or want to store a lot of photos on my iPad.
  • I have a laptop with an external hard drive with--I don't know, 300 GB or so?--of music and movies. I feed my iPod regularly. I don't need to carry around a ton of music. I just keep the stuff I'm currently listening to on my iPad.
  • Most of my audiobooks are accessible from Audible. My digital books are accessible from Amazon/Kindle. I don't need to carry around all of my audiobooks or digital books.
  • I knew that I wanted to play around with A TON of drawing and notebook and related creative apps.

So here I am with a lot of apps (the main component of my iPad's capacity), a couple of movies, a couple of TV episdoes, some music, some photos, a LOT of digital books (accessibility to Amazon notwithstanding) and I still have 8 GB free. So, for me I made the right choice.

Also, I figure that if and when I want a higher capacity iPad, there will be a lovely new version, and I can easily sell this one and upgrade.

(Also, do you think the white color will turn yellowish and fade over time, or stay white?)

The white will most definitely stay white. It's completely encased under the glass screen material, which goes all the way to the edges.

Should I get the 16gb or the 32gb iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.