Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with FaceTime

HI

“I apologize for my english”

I try to create an account on FaceTime but I have a problem.

He ask me for my email but he doesn’t accept it. There is an “Error” in front of my email.

When I go to apple web site in order to manage my account “My Apple ID” https://appleid.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/MyAppleId.woa/

Then I log into my personal web page thanks to my email and my password. I can see that in front of my email address there is a notification “Not verified” When I try to do the verification he tell me “Email address is already verified for another Apple ID” I don’t understand because I am the real owner of this email address and I am using it for my iTunes account (I success to buy applications).

Could you tell me what can I do in order to solve this problem.

I want to use this email for my FaceTime account. (I don’t want to create another one).

Best regard

Benjamin

Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 16, 2011 3:58 AM

5 replies

May 16, 2011 12:30 PM in response to VINCENT Benjamin

Hi,

Like me you wish to use a separate ID in Face Time.

Unfortunately you can only use an Email once to create an Apple ID.

You will need to use another email to Create the ID for Face Time.

User uploaded file
8:30 PM Monday; May 16, 2011

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb( 10.6.7)
 Mac OS X (10.6.7),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

May 17, 2011 1:17 PM in response to VINCENT Benjamin

Hi,

That is the one thing I have not tried to do (Change what I set up to an Existing Apple ID).

I am not sure what you have to do in Face Time but is that email in your My Card in the address Book ?

User uploaded file
9:17 PM Tuesday; May 17, 2011

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 Mac OS X (10.6.7),

May 17, 2011 3:09 PM in response to VINCENT Benjamin

Hi,

The way I read you original Post was that you had tried to use Face Time to set up a New ID but then used an ID email that was already in use.

I deliberately used this method to create a totally new ID just for Face Time.

There is obviously a way in Face Time to Select/use an ID you already have.

I thought it was partially linked to that Email being in the Address Book.

I have not changed mine and don't know if there is something that you need to Change in Face Time.

<User uploaded file
11:09 PM Tuesday; May 17, 2011

 Mac OS X (10.6.7),

Problem with FaceTime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.