Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touchscreen erratic while charging through power adapter

Hi, I have iPhone 4. When I charge my iPhone using power adapter, the touch screen behaves erratically -- e.g. when I press 3 on numpad, 9 may get typed or if I am on homescreen, and I tap on an application, a different app starts off. The phone works perfectly fine when charging thru my laptop's USB port.

Any suggestions -- is the power adapter faulty or is there some hardware problem?

Thanks

Sumit

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 16, 2011 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 15, 2011 6:44 AM

I have observed the very same behaviour when chargin from AC charger. However if I take off the Apple's iPhone 4 Bumper case the problem disappears.

Regards

5 replies

Oct 4, 2012 7:06 AM in response to Henk Smit

After discovering that my partner's charger is fine and does not do this, I went to Apple Store to complain about faulty charger. turns out it was a cheap Chinese replica that came with my second-hand iPhone when I purchased it through eBay!!! Still the Apple Store had a quality spare and gave this to me for the inconvenience. How kind is that? Thank you Apple!

Now all problems solved. Happy Henk!

Touchscreen erratic while charging through power adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.