Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone says invalid address when I try to download an ap

Whenever I try to download an app it says "invalid address. What is this and how do I fix it???

iPhone 4, iOS 4.2.7

Posted on May 16, 2011 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2017 10:34 AM

But what if you don't have any account? like for example the payment option is 'none' then what do we do?

17 replies

Jun 23, 2017 12:23 AM in response to darshansheth90

I had same problem with my iPhone.I got Apple support to resolve this.

1.Go to settings

2.tap iTunes & Apple store

3.tap your Apple ID and you will see Pop up .

4.click view Apple ID

5.it will take you credit card account page

6 tap payment information

7. In Billing address Make sure type all in Capital letters.no symbol please

8.Tap done

9.May be ask you enter your security code for your credit card.

10.just give and tape done.thats it..

Go to Apple store now download or update your app .. Sure it works..

May 16, 2011 8:30 PM in response to zachfromlivingston

I replaced my address with that of Apple HQ and, since the billing address on my Credit Card doesn't match apple's address, it said it was invalid. Then I switched back to my normal address and it worked fine! It seems like you have to completely remove your address, hit "done", and then come back and re-enter your address in order for the verification process to work.

May 16, 2011 8:39 AM in response to zachfromlivingston

This problem of "invalid address" is cropping up for a number of people, and it does not appear to be anything on the user's end. Contact the iTunes Store and tell them about the problem:

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact.html

and with luck they'll sort the problem out for you, though it may take a couple of email exchanges with them to get past the "canned" replies they often send out at first.

Regards.

May 16, 2011 9:51 AM in response to zachfromlivingston

I am getting the same error. I've updated my billing address to the same address that is listed on my bank statements and I am getting the error "your payment method information doesnt match your bank's records. Try again or enter a new payment method"

everything i've entered i've checked and double checked and everything matches and still isn't working.

My iPhone says invalid address when I try to download an ap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.