Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad2 & Dock - powered dock?

Just got my iPad2 and dock today. Plugged the dock into my usb hub. It sync's fine, but won't charge. Googled a bit. Found that it requires more power than other devices to charge and typically won't charge off a hub.

Is there any kind of adapter or powered docking station that will provide the power it needs to charge, while docked on my usb hub? USB hub is necessary - I have a 2011 15" mbp connected to a 27" cinema display, the other usb power is connected to a usb->dvi adapter to another display, the usb hub is daisychained off the back of the cinema display.

Posted on May 16, 2011 9:48 AM

3 replies

iPad2 & Dock - powered dock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.