Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Boris Title Crawl

Hello. I am trying to use Boris Title Crawl to generate a long list of scrolling names - about 600 names/lines total. I copied and pasted from a word doc and can see all names in the BTC edit window. When I click apply, drag it to and play it back on the time line, most names scroll fine, but approximately the first and last 100 names are missing. It tried entering spaces and returns at the top and bottom but that doesn't help. Is there a limit on the number of lines one can use? I also tried using the regular Scrolling Text option but the list of names turns into one single long line without returns. I have to generate 27 different scrolls with about 7,000 names so any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Many Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on May 16, 2011 9:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2011 10:02 AM

I don't know about the Boris plugin problem,

but I'd recommend Alex 4d Scrolling Text Plugin...

http://alex4d.wordpress.com/2008/10/13/final-cut-pro-my-free-closing-credits-plu gin/

It has special features that come in handy and which makes it possible to prepare the file in Word better.

Another option is to create the roll in Motion (up from Final Cut Studio 3) or prepare it in Photoshop and move that in FCP.

Rienk

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2011 10:02 AM in response to surayamo

I don't know about the Boris plugin problem,

but I'd recommend Alex 4d Scrolling Text Plugin...

http://alex4d.wordpress.com/2008/10/13/final-cut-pro-my-free-closing-credits-plu gin/

It has special features that come in handy and which makes it possible to prepare the file in Word better.

Another option is to create the roll in Motion (up from Final Cut Studio 3) or prepare it in Photoshop and move that in FCP.

Rienk

May 26, 2011 5:46 PM in response to surayamo

did it help? Did you need some more information? This forum is not just about answering your questions, but providing a resource for other people having the same problem.

I usually create my crawls in photoshop and then do the compositing in finalcutpro. I prebuild them in a seperate sequence with the field dominance set to none. Adjusting the speed of the crawl will often help the results look better. Do some searching here for some additional tips.

Problems with Boris Title Crawl

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.