Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opened iWeb but nothing shows up on my desktop

Opened iWeb but nothing shows up on my desktop -- even though I was just using it and uploaded a new page an hour ago. Can anyone help?

The menu bar is across the top of the screen, but usually the program loads and goes to the last page I was working on. Now, there is NOTHING.

Help, please!

SG

Mac OS X (10.6.7), Using iWeb 3.0.3

Posted on May 16, 2011 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2011 3:23 PM

Try the following:

1. close iWeb.
  2. delete the iWeb preference file, com.apple.iWeb.plist, that resides in your Home/Library/Preferences folder.
  3. go to your Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iWeb folder and delete its contents.
  4. reboot.
  5. launch iWeb and try again.

If that doesn't help continue with:

1. move the domain file from your Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder to the Desktop.
  2. launch iWeb, create a new test site, save the new domain file and close iWeb.
  3. go to the your Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder and delete the new domain file.
  4. move your original domain file from the Desktop to the iWeb folder.

OT

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2011 3:23 PM in response to grimesfamily

Try the following:

1. close iWeb.
  2. delete the iWeb preference file, com.apple.iWeb.plist, that resides in your Home/Library/Preferences folder.
  3. go to your Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iWeb folder and delete its contents.
  4. reboot.

If that doesn't help continue with:

1. move the domain file from your Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder to the Desktop.
  2. launch iWeb, create a new test site, save the new domain file and close iWeb.
  3. go to the your Home/Library/Application Support/iWeb folder and delete the new domain file.
  4. move your original domain file from the Desktop to the iWeb folder.

OT

Opened iWeb but nothing shows up on my desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.