Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How are user points calculated? I'm missing some.

Recently I noticed that my user points is at 0, which odd because I've been around for a bit, and I know I've made at least one contribution to the community. So I looked up a discussion I was on where I had given a correct answer. I also took a screenshot. Its pretty funny, because something just doesn't add up at all.

User uploaded file

Posted on May 16, 2011 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2011 3:06 PM

You get 10 points for each 'Correct Answer' rating someone else gives you, and 5 for each 'Helpful Answer' rating. While you can give yourself these ratings, doing so won't get you any points.

(58388)

4 replies

May 17, 2011 9:04 AM in response to Optimuswebb

There is/was a known bug during the change-over from AD to ASC. Several of us actually LOST points! On the last day of AD, Friday April 15, 2011, I had 515 points. On Saturday night, April 16th, when ASC went live, I now had only 505 points! Anyway, I've earned a further 30 points in the last month, so I'm now at 530. There is a thread on this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3002188

Since you answered the question while we were still under AD, the suggestion that you marked your own post as "Correct" is invalid as that was impossible to do under the AD system. That ability was added as part of ASC but it does not earn you points.

So what can you do? Well, hopefully a host will see this and correct it, but don't hold your breathe. I'm STILL waiting to hear back from them myself about my missing 10 points.

User uploaded file

How are user points calculated? I'm missing some.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.