Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone4 4.3.3 Weak signal,Dropped Calls..

Sure i'm not alone but ince upgradeing to 4.3.3 (and of course not able to go back to 4.3.2)

My cellular signal is considerably weaker and dropping calls, not even getting calls through and going straight to voice mail.

same thing happening to my girlfriends iphone4 with another carrier..

iPhone 4

Posted on May 17, 2011 2:18 AM

46 replies

May 19, 2011 6:43 PM in response to il_Cosmo

I just updated my phone to 4.3.3 today and I lose service every couple of minutes. I have been dropping important calls every few minutes and will be "searching" or at "no service" for anywhere from 5-10 minutes after dropping the call. I also lose internet connection completely when I lose phone service too (No E, 3G or Wi-fi). This is making my phone completely unable to function as a calling device...which is a pretty important factor in a phone. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

May 19, 2011 11:36 PM in response to webefamily

I have had in the last few days people saying that they cannot hear me as a conversation goes and have had calls not go through and signal go from 4 out 5 bars to nothing and act like i just reset my cell network settings. 3G not connecting. This is all since 4.3.3 and of course cannot go back to 4.3.2 which in my case was working very well... I am hoping that this is FIXED very soon as myself, like others really rely on their iphone. I cannot have this acting like this when that iphone is my main communication device for my elderly mother to get ahold of me, my job and everyone else for that matter. People call and it goes straight to Voice mail with no indication that i missed a call.... Very disheartning that i cannot rely on this phone right now. And aslo not knowing whether or not anyone in APPLE is watching or paying attention to this problem... I am looking into taking it to my local apple store and replacing it as defective, cause it barely functions as it should right now...

May 22, 2011 8:39 AM in response to voxx

I'm also having the same issue on a brand new unlocked iPhone which I purchased recently. I thought my iPhone 4 was defective! Little did I know that, so many others were having the same issue cause of a OS update.

Anyone figured out how to solve this? Or when Apple will respond with update?

Version: 4.3.3. (8J2)

Model: MC605C

Modem Firmware: 04.10.01

May 31, 2011 2:04 PM in response to voxx

I have the same problems. Very often I have no signal or searching... and very often loosing 3G. There where usualy I have 3G, 3G is gone or showing me searching! iPhone stuck sometimes. Last time I opened camera and iPhone stuck (freezing). I think iPhone is working slower on 4.3.3. Many apps are crashing ( angry birds ) and few other apps. I waiting for iOS 5.0 when I will still have a problems I will sold my iPhone and buy phone from other company because iPhone with iOS 4.3.3 is making my phone completely unable to function.

Jun 3, 2011 4:51 AM in response to voxx

People using iOS 4.2 seems to have no problem. I had the factory unlocked phone with iOS 4.3.2 when it was delivered to me, even then I had the problem and even after upgrading to 4.3.3 it is still there.

I think the issue lies with the new baseband for iOS 4.3. I hope Apple releases a update for this soon. Some say that jailbreaking it solves it. But I don't really see why I should even bother jailbreaking it when I got a factory unlocked phone from Apple.

Apple should really take this seriously and release a update urgently like they did for fixing privacy concerns regarding locations being stored. God knows when 4.3.4 or 5.0 will be released.

Jun 9, 2011 5:09 PM in response to voxx

So, I foolishly upgraded my 3GS to 4.3.3 (from 4.3.2) yesterday. I immediately experienced the same problems mentioned here, cellular service in general is virtually unusable, and battery life *****.

I'm still experimenting with the various battery-extension suggestions, but I can definitely confirm that disabling 3G solves the cell signal strength problem.

I just did a test, while standing in town bathed in the glow from my cell tower lights. With 3G off, I got full bars. When I turned 3G back on, the signal dropped to zero within seconds, and bounced between 1-2 bars and "No Service" (mostly the latter). Turned 3G back off, full bars moments later. I did *not* have this problem with 4.3.2, so this is a definite bug in the latest software, and I strongly recommend everybody avoid it (well, if you like to make phone calls or anything like that).

Note that 2G (regular cellular data) can be left on. So you get *some* data service, just not the fast stuff.

This is an older phone, so it's possible there's some other factor that exaserbates this. I'm not entirely certain how to collect whatever data may help narrow this down, but I'm willing to offer any troubleshooting tests.

Brad.

Jun 11, 2011 4:54 AM in response to voxx

It's unfortunate that Apple will not officially acknowledge this disaster of dropped calls with 4.3.3 I have an iPhone 4 (my third replacement in the last month from the local Tampa Apple store)... have visited AT&T several times, have installed 2 microcells (in my office and home office) etc.

Now I have a brand new iPhone 4 (courtesy of the Apple store) and am keeping it on 4.3.2 - far fewer dropped calls, although tower/4G upgrade work in the Sarasota area has made things inherently unreliable.

The only reason that I am still with AT&T and Apple is because I cannot get European coverage with the Verizon iPhone and syncing with my Apple infrastructure via an Android phone may be a bit more challenging... but I really am on the brink right now.

I did have the good fortune to speak with an AT&T technical rep not long ago and she was forthright enough to acknowledge that this has been a real problem and that she "could not wait" until 4.3.4 arrives!

Jun 19, 2011 2:22 PM in response to voxx

I too am having the problem where the other side can hardly hear me and I cannot hear them clearly.

If I hang up and dial again then its usually ok.

This started happening after upgradind to IOS 4.3.3

I'm sure Apple are aware of this, but as usual they will not acknowledge there being a problem

Apple need to find a fix to this problem ASAP.

iPhone4 4.3.3 Weak signal,Dropped Calls..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.