Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't Aperture add my watermark to images at export?

I've created a .PNG watermark file 600x50, duplicated the export preset JPEG Original size and edited the preset as follows:

- ticked Show Watermark,

- set the Position to Lower Right

- Opacity to 50%

- chosen the .PNG file (which Aperture has copied across to its Watermark Images folder)

- I have left Scale watermark unselected.

The duplicated and edited preset has been saved and comes up whenever I chose File, Export, Version.

The export creates a JPEG copy as expected, but no watermark is added.

Any suggestions???

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Aperture 3.1.2

Posted on May 17, 2011 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2011 5:53 AM

Might it be too small? What size are your JPG's? You are exporting at original size, and your watermark is only 50 pixels in one dimension (unless that's a typo).

Try exporting to an image size of 600 x 600, and set opacity to 100%. This should confirm whether your watermark is being used.

Then you can trouble-shoot either:

. the watermark is not being used, or

. the watermark is not giving me the result I expected.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2011 5:53 AM in response to Strelizia regina

Might it be too small? What size are your JPG's? You are exporting at original size, and your watermark is only 50 pixels in one dimension (unless that's a typo).

Try exporting to an image size of 600 x 600, and set opacity to 100%. This should confirm whether your watermark is being used.

Then you can trouble-shoot either:

. the watermark is not being used, or

. the watermark is not giving me the result I expected.

May 17, 2011 8:29 AM in response to Strelizia regina

You're welcome. Glad I guessed well.

Once I settled on a watermark I was comfortable using, I created versions at a range of regularly used sizes: 320, 640, and 1024. I assign the watermark and the export size to an Export Preset, and just select the Preset I want. My 1024 watermark works on images fit within a 1920 square. That's the biggest export I watermark.

It's a bit of set-up time after one has settled on a watermark to make different size versions, but -- as Jade Leary points out -- its the best way to use watermarks using Aperture alone (it is what is recommended in the User Manual).

I actually often combine my watermarked images with borders that have text on them. I do this with Border FX -- a free plug-in all of whose tools are worth getting to know. There is a watermark -- unobtrusive, the way I like it -- on the lower-left of this image superimposed on the image (not really visible at this resolution -- click and you can see it in the larger version), in addition to the title and date and name in the border.

User uploaded file

Message was edited by: Kirby Krieger

Why won't Aperture add my watermark to images at export?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.