Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preference Corrupted

Does anyone know from which applications the following preference files originate:

com.nologyinc.enterprisedigital.plist

com.superitis.craconic.plist

com.sysusa.smatter.plist?

Every day now Drive Genius 3 warns me that they are corrupted, so I delete them and next time they are created the same warning arises. I have used

PlistEditPro, but it does not reveal any info about these preferences.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on May 17, 2011 2:17 PM

10 replies

May 18, 2011 2:35 PM in response to Alan Dean

Have a look in Activity Monitor in Utilities, set to All Processes, for those three, under any of the names they may be using.

Also, get EasyFind and search for them there, using any of the possible names. This should turn up all the locations. Also, look in System Preferences>Accounts>Login Items and HD Library>Startup Items, Launch Agents and Launch Daemons. But, EF should catch anything in those locations, as well.

Set EF to scan all files. Ignore case, Invisible files, Files and Folders.

Something is running and automatically replacing those preference files.

http://www.devon-technologies.com/products/freeware/

To uninstall them, you can try using EF's "Destroy," from its own menu. If that doesn't work, use Reveal in Finder, highlight it there and then Move to Trash, after giving your admin password.

May 19, 2011 7:01 AM in response to WZZZ

Thanks WZZZ, I'm now monitoring everything in the way you suggest, and so far these prefs haven't been reinstalled.

Interestingly, I couldn't download EasyFind, I'm just directed to another page, but found "FindAnyFile" which seems to do the same thing.

If I find out what these prefs are, I'll post back here.

Cheers.

Preference Corrupted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.