Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture window size

Hi,

my 4 year old daughter has been pushing some buttons on our Mac, and by doing so, suddenly screwed some setting in Aperture. Basically, Aperture seems to think that its window is wider (to the right) than it actually is - even wider than the display. As a consequence, it centers the image in the viewer according to its (wrong) "wide" window setting, so the image is too much to the right, and is only partially shown. Same story in the browser window: it's not even possible to scroll to the right to see the last thumbnail. If I reduce the actual Aperture window size, the problem becomes worse. If I drag the image from the viewer, the image becomes fully visible, so there is nothing wrong with the image as such. No problems in the full screen viewer mode either.

I realize this description might not be extremely clear. I hope these two screenshots help:

* Aperture window after clicking the green "+" symbol in the upper left corner. You see the image is shown partially:

User uploaded file

* Aperture window reduced to the smallest size allowed. The problem gets worse (a smaller part of the image is shown):User uploaded file

I am using Aperture 3.1.2 on a MacBook Pro. The problem is there for any picture in any project/folder/album/... The problem persists after quitting and restarting Aperture, and even after rebooting the computer.

Any idea which feature she has activated?

Thanks a lot,

Stijn

Posted on May 17, 2011 2:21 PM

8 replies

May 18, 2011 1:33 PM in response to Kirby Krieger

It worked!

The suggestion by Kirby didn't work: quitting Aperture, changing and rechanging display size, and restarting Aperture.

What did work: change display size while Aperture is running, quit Aperture in that setting, reset the display size to the default, restart Aperture. Everything is back to normal now. No clue, however, how on earth my daughter got me in this situation...

Thanks folks!

Stijn

Feb 26, 2013 1:02 PM in response to Botts85

Resolved!

Removed com.apple.Aperture.plist and rebooted Aperture. You'll need to relink your library after this, but otherwise it's perfect!

If you have this problem, see Kbase article HT3805.

Excerpt below:

You can resolve many issues by restoring Aperture back to its original settings. This will not impact your image files or your library. To reset your Aperture user preference settings to their original state, do the following:

1. Quit Aperture.
  2. In the Finder choose Go to folder from the Go menu.
  3. Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field. Press the Go button.
  4. Remove the "com.apple.Aperture.plist" file from the Preferences folder.

Aperture window size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.