Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut .mov import error

I have been trying to figure out why in the world final cut generates an unknown error when I'm trying to import a quicktime .mov file. Any ideas?

Final Cut Studio '09, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on May 17, 2011 8:49 PM

11 replies

Jun 11, 2011 9:37 AM in response to mishmumken

Thanks for your precious help to a FCE newbie!

Last (hope so 😕) question :

When I export my FCE work (File-Export-QuickTime sequence = basics settings), I obtain this kind of file :

Apple Intermediate Codec, 1280 x 720 (1248 x 702),Millions

16-bitEntier (Petit Boutien), Stéréo, 48,000 Khz

But I can't read it with QT for windows or Windows media Player. Black screen from the beginning to the end of the movie...

What's wrong?

Thanks from Paris, France

Jun 11, 2011 9:50 AM in response to fpy1

If you want to make a file that will be compatible with Window Media Player, you'll need to convert to .wmv (Windows Media Video). You'll need one of the paid versions of flip4mac for that: http://www.telestream.net/flip4mac-wmv/overview.htm or you can convert to MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 (most later versions of WMP can play both).

As far as I know, the Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) is a Mac only codec and not available for windows. Convert the AIC file to a format that will match one of the codecs installed on the Windows computer that will be playing the file.

-DH

Final Cut .mov import error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.