Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages tables won't move where I want them. Why is that?

This should be as simple as the help page for Pages makes it sound right? Select your table and drag it to where you want it to show up.

Fine, sounds simple enough. I can drag it to where I want it to show up, but upon releasing the table it reverts back to its original position.

Fine, so I try it by holding down the option key and copying the table to the point I want. This works but not the way I want it to, the table ends up where I want it but now I have a duplicate table which I must delete and to make matters even more annoying and frustrating, the table cannot be modified so that text outside of it wraps around it. The end result is the text I want outside of the table has to be placed elsewhere and the formatting options are not clear enough so as to make the table move and wrap its way through other material on the page.

It is getting very frustrating to use this software.

Am I missing something?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Preview no longer works.

Posted on May 17, 2011 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2011 10:43 PM

Inline objects are like characters in the text.

Click on the table > Inspector > Wrap > Floating (doesn't move with text)

You can now drag it where you want it.

Peter

3 replies

Pages tables won't move where I want them. Why is that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.