Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem with battery when using windows 7

I have a new 13" mac book pro. I install windows 7 and used autocad 2010 on windows. My battery usage is very high and i lost all my power in 2:15 hr. Is there anything wrong or if i uninstall the windows 7 again my mac has a good battery life.

MacBook Pro, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 18, 2011 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2011 2:47 AM

You might want to check you power options setting in Windows 7 if they are set to portable/laptop or Maximum Battery.

It also seems accoring to other other threads in this forum, that Windows 7 is draining more battery than OS X.

And if you are running a CAD tool like AutoCAD, this could be another reason for running out of battery quickly as CAD tools usually stress the graphics cards a lot.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 18, 2011 2:47 AM in response to azadfromtoronto

You might want to check you power options setting in Windows 7 if they are set to portable/laptop or Maximum Battery.

It also seems accoring to other other threads in this forum, that Windows 7 is draining more battery than OS X.

And if you are running a CAD tool like AutoCAD, this could be another reason for running out of battery quickly as CAD tools usually stress the graphics cards a lot.

May 18, 2011 7:01 AM in response to probe_droid

Thank you, so i do not need to uninstall parallel nor the windows, i got from waht you said that whenever i am finished using windows and also autocad and shut down the parallel everything will ne as usual??

And one more Q, should i fully charge the battery and unplug the adaptor or it's not bad to work for a long while the adaptor is attached to MAC?

I really appreciate your help.

May 18, 2011 11:54 AM in response to azadfromtoronto

The best of course would be to shutdown Parallels when you do not need it or use the feature called Standby to start at the same point where to stopped when Windows is started again in Parallels.

What I usually do is to have my laptop running on power as long as I am sitting on my desk during the day. Only when I am in meetings or work from my home office, I let it run on battery so that it gets de-charged from time to time to save some battery life.

Problem with battery when using windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.