Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I connected Apple TV 2 to my Dell 30" monitor (old version) with DVI to HDMI cable. The monitor doesn't get any signals. Any help?

There is no signal on my screen 😟.

AppleTV 2

Posted on May 18, 2011 2:23 AM

5 replies

May 18, 2011 3:25 AM in response to Guk

Guk wrote:

So, I can't use it with my Dell monitor? 😟

There's nothing I can do about it?

I can't say for certain, but Apple have stated apparently that DVI is not supported - things might work but no guarantee.

Does the monitor have some kind of configurable input resolution or Auto switch to try?

If it's a 30" monitor what's the panel resolution?

AppleTV only outputs 720p so if the monitor can't display that input you'd be stuck.

HDCP is only theoretically needed for playback of rentals/protected iTunes content but still might cause issues.

HDCP is a pain in the neck. I have some purchased HD stuff I can't view on my MacPro on my Samsung monitor bevause the connection does not support copy protection.

AC

May 19, 2011 10:05 AM in response to Alley_Cat

I actually have no idea what the model of my 30" monitor from DELL is called. I bought it around 2007-2008. It has no switches to the exterior. When I plug it, the monitor doesn't recognize anything so it just goes back to sleep mode. I think it's this one: http://reviews.cnet.com/Dell_Widescreen_UltraSharp_3007WFP/4505-3174_7-31645040. html?tag=rb_content;rb_mtx

The resolution I have is 2560 x 1600px.

No hope for me? 😟

I connected Apple TV 2 to my Dell 30" monitor (old version) with DVI to HDMI cable. The monitor doesn't get any signals. Any help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.