Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes cannot read a CD when i load it on my laptop and Itunes freeze

Itunes V10 cannot read a music CD when I load it on my laptop and Itunes Freeze

iPod touch, iOS 4.3.2, Ipod is 4.3.3. Itunes V10

Posted on May 18, 2011 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 18, 2011 6:28 PM

Could you post your diagnostics for us please?

In iTunes, go "Help > Run Diagnostics". Uncheck the boxes other than DVD/CD tests, as per the following screenshot:

User uploaded file

... and click "Next".

When you get through to the final screen:

User uploaded file

... click the "Copy to Clipboard" button and paste the diagnostics into a reply here.

9 replies

May 19, 2011 6:46 PM in response to michelfrommontreal

I dont know what you mean with modname, modver , BEX or P1 to P9 ?

Good gracious ... you're seeing something radically different from what I see if I click on the "Click here" link in an equivalent sort of message.

For example, I can generate a "Safari has encountered a problem" message by setting Safari to run in Windows 95 compatibility mode:

User uploaded file

... but when I click the "click here" link, what I see is:

User uploaded file

(If the error was a BEX, I'd see the P1 through P9 things where my screenshot is showing AppName, AppVer, ModName, ModVer and Offset.)

I'm not sure how to interpret the information in your screenshots. So I'd like to check some other information to see if that helps with determining what is going on.

(1) What make and model of PC do you have?

(2) Fingers crossed, screenshots might help with the following thing. (I'm not sure what the items are called on a French localisation of Windows XP.) In your Start Menu, right-click My Computer and select Manage:

User uploaded file

Now select "Device Manager":

User uploaded file

Expand "DVD/CD-ROM drives":

User uploaded file

What make and model of DVD/CD-ROM drive shows for you there? (Where my one shows "Mashita DVD/CDRW UJDA775"?)

May 20, 2011 3:44 PM in response to michelfrommontreal

🙂 Many thanks.

I think the ntdll.dll might be indicating trouble with drivers/firmware/BIOS here.

I had a look at your Driver Downloads page at HP Canada. There's no updates available for your hp DVD-RW model. But there's updates there for other componentry that can be referenced in the iTunes diagnostics results.

HP EliteBook 8530p Notebook PC

I'd make sure in particular that you were up to date on the following items listed there (if they are relevant to your particular Elitebook 8530p configuration):

BIOS

Driver - Chipset

Driver - Graphics

Driver - Storage

Firmware

If you're behind on updates, and you update, are you then able to get iTunes to see a CD?

Itunes cannot read a CD when i load it on my laptop and Itunes freeze

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.