Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch 4the Gen headphone jack problem. PLEASE HELP

I have an iPod touch 4th gen and the headphone jack does'nt work. When i plug in my headphones but they don't go all the way in, and the music sounds terrible, I have to pull them out a little bit in order to hear music, but since the headphones stick they unplug easily and gets very annoying. I tested my headphones on another iPod and they worked fine, I noticed that two little pins inside the headphone jack were sticking out but on the other iPods they weren't sticking out, how can I send it back to Apple easily and without any problems, I still have warranty on it.

iPod touch, iOS 4.2

Posted on May 18, 2011 11:52 AM

6 replies

Aug 2, 2012 7:29 PM in response to rdycrz1992

I have just encountered the same problem with 2 iPod Touch 4g (8gig) devices. Totally unexpected, since my older iPod Touch 2g has never had such a problem. One moment the headphone 3.5mm stereo mini-pin inserted all the way, and the next it hit a barricade.

I'm seeing headphone jacks going for less than $10. The range of difficulty, however, is high, so I'm comtemplating whether to try it myself or to send the iPods out to one of the many iPod repair services. If a hot device is required to loosen the adhesive before attempting to pry the iPod open, I'm already discouraged from trying it myself.

If I get the iPods back to accepting an earphone jack, I plan to look for a cover that does not leave the headphone port exposed.

iPod touch 4the Gen headphone jack problem. PLEASE HELP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.