Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Original Files?

I have two questions.

1. I have some videos from my video camera that I have pulled using my Sony computer and stored them in the GigaPocket application. I exported them to MPEG and ran the resulting MPEGs through Videora to make a nice MP4 files. I then sync'ed the files to my Video Ipod. I really do not want to keep the files on my computer in two places (GigaPocket and the files for syncing). Is there a way to remove the files from my computer and not have iTunes "unsync" them from my iPod. I know I can tell iTunes to not sync video files, but when I add a new file it attempts to sync and removes the deleted files from my iPod. Should I be manually syncing them and "unchecking" the files that are deleted from the sync cycle?

2. I am using WMP 10 to manage my music since I have a few Media Center computers throughout my house. I have imported my music into iTunes as mp3's. When I import, are the orginal files touched at all (does not appear but want to confirm) and does iTunes have a "Seach Folder" concept that will automaticall import newly ripped CD's or am I stuck manually adding every new CD I buy?

Thanks for any help.

Windows XP

Posted on Jan 9, 2006 11:54 AM

1 reply

Jan 9, 2006 12:08 PM in response to GoHerdIBG

when I add a new file it attempts to sync and removes the deleted files from my iPod. Should I be manually syncing them and "unchecking" the files that are deleted from the sync cycle?

Yes, to be able to remove videos and tracks from iTunes without having them automatically removed from your iPod, you must set iTunes to synchronize manually.

I have imported my music into iTunes as mp3's. When I import, are the orginal files touched at all (does not appear but want to confirm)

If the iTunes Advanced -> General preference is set to "copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library" is set, then iTunes doesn't touch the original files at all other than to duplicate them.

does iTunes have a "Seach Folder" concept that will automaticall import newly ripped CD's or am I stuck manually adding every new CD I buy?

iTunes does not have a "watch folder" feature, so if you import your CDs with some other application other than iTunes, you will have to add them to iTunes manually.

Original Files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.