Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

download has left me with missing files and cannot start iTunes

I was prompted to upgrade iTunes and so I did. The upgrade started when Genuis was still doing it's thing. At the end of the download, I was prompted to restart. I closed what I was working on and restarted. Now, I when I try to start iTunes, I get an error message that says there are missing files and that I should re-install iTunes. If I uninstall, will I lose the music files? I tried to re-download, but this did not fix anything. Any advice?

iTunes-OTHER, Windows Vista

Posted on May 19, 2011 7:18 AM

1 reply

May 19, 2011 7:07 PM in response to samanthafromwinnipeg

Now, I when I try to start iTunes, I get an error message that says there are missing files and that I should re-install iTunes.

With that one in that context, I think we should check for malware.

Try downloading and installing the free version of Malwarebytes AntiMalware. Update your MBAM definitions and then run a full scan of the PC. (Takes about 2 hour on my Lenovo.)

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Does the scan find any infections? If so, please paste the contents of the log file for the scan in a reply here so we can have a look.

download has left me with missing files and cannot start iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.