Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After omitting my iPad 2 from my iPhone 3GS bluetooth paired devices and viceversa, I can't re-pair them again.

I had my iPad 2 (WiFi only, 64 GB) tethered to my iPhone 3GS via bluetooth to share internet. After turning bluetooth off to save battery and then on, they didn't link aymore, so I omitted the devices in each one another, but now I can't pair them again, they just don't show in the devices list of the other device.

I reset all the adjustments in the iPhone, but I only get in the found bluetooth devices a list of MAC addresses, none corresponding to the one of the iPad.

iPhone has iOS 4.3.2 (8H7) and iPad 2, iOS 4.3.3 (8J2).

Thanks,

Enrique Celedón V.

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 19, 2011 9:37 AM

10 replies

May 20, 2011 4:00 PM in response to sallyally

Hello sallyally, I will explain what I did, perhaps some steps are not necessary:

1. Turn bluetooth off in the iPad: Settings->General->Bluetooth->OFF

2. Turn bluetooth on in the iPhone: Settings->General->Bluetooth->ON

3. Share internet access in the iPhone: Settings->Personal Hotspot->ON

4. Go to bluetooth in settings of iPhone: Settings->General->Bluetooth

5. Turn bluetooth on in the iPad: Settings->General->Bluetooth->ON

6. Both devices should find each other and show the same code, press ok or something like that and it is ready.

Let me know if it worked.

After omitting my iPad 2 from my iPhone 3GS bluetooth paired devices and viceversa, I can't re-pair them again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.