Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applications won't open after error in a update using a Apple G4

Apple G4 wont open applications, it says application switcher error or error type 3, everthing used to work until when updating the mac a error accured it restarted, now it won't open an application without saying error type 3, or when it boots a bomb sign with the following message saying application switcher error please restart. does anyone know what i can do or whats happened? i have a boot disk which isn't the offical apple cd as i cannot find it or find a place where i could get one from if anyone knows where i could get one from that would be most helpful!!

Thanks.

Mac OS 9.2.x

Posted on May 19, 2011 11:11 AM

1 reply

May 19, 2011 2:08 PM in response to haydnfromwolverhampton

haydn,

It sounds like you are talking about Application Switcher from system 6, twenty five years ago. If you are using system 9 and you happened to have other systems on your hard drive, the computer could get confused with what to do becausse it sees older software that the processor can not handle.

User uploaded fileI looked at a map of England and did not recognize any cities that would have a Mac user group. If you google and find a user group near you, the best thing to do would be to find a Boot CD, put it in, restart while holding down the C key and see if you can clean up your drive.

Otherwise, ebay has boot CDs listed from time to time. This may look tempting:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/iBook-G3-Install-cds-x7-10-2-Jaguar-OS-9-2-2-OS-8-/2207859 53727?pt=UK_Computing_Apple_Mac_Accessories&hash=item3367de4bbf

But, here is the catch. The disks look like they are grey and not the universal install CDs. If one of the CDs is not for your exact model of computer, be sure and look for a CD that is white with an orange 9 on it.

Jim

Applications won't open after error in a update using a Apple G4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.