Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much of a learning curve is there going from Final Cut Express 4 to the new Final Cut Pro

I have used FCE4 for about 3 years now. I am thinking about moving up to the new FCP. I just want some idea of how much learning curve time I should expect with this upgrade, or is FCP close enough to FCE4 that I would be functional fairly quickly...?

Posted on May 19, 2011 8:32 PM

1 reply

May 19, 2011 9:45 PM in response to bikinijack

nobody can tell ... FCP-X isn't avail yet, those who have it signed an NDA, the others, like me, just saw the sneak-preview at SuperMeet ...

what I can tell, as an FC/e3+4 and iMovie a/b-user, from that 1st look:

from ground new, totally different User Interface, totally different concept compared to any existing NLE (Avid, Premiere, FinalCut ...)

to get an impression about skimming bubbles, magnetic timelines, key-wording etc. use iMovie11 ...-

How much of a learning curve is there going from Final Cut Express 4 to the new Final Cut Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.