Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 picture frame button not showing up

Ever since I've had my iPad 2 I have not been able to get the picture frame button to show up. I have synced albums and events and faces to my iPhoto and I have the transition set to Origami but the little button that's supposed to show up near the unlock slider is not there nor have I ever seen it. I first noticed it was misssing on 4.3.2 and hoped it would be fixed with the latest revision but 4.3.3 still has no flower icon like my old iPad had. Fortunately, I have the original iPad keyboard dock which has the picture frame button. When I put my iPad 2 into this old dock, I can get the picture frame mode to work by pushing that button, but this is the only way I can make it work.

Anyone else have this problem?

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 19, 2011 9:47 PM

4 replies

May 20, 2011 8:44 AM in response to King_Penguin

I didn't even think to look there. Of course, it was turned off...

Thanks! turning it on there fixed the problem!

WHY would apple hide that setting in there? You'd think that since it's a picture frame setting that it would be in the picture frame section of the settings app. I can see why someone might want to keep it together with the other security settings, but it should be located in two places because it's hard to find like that.

They should make the picture frame mode require a password if you have a passcode set on your iPad. Then there would be no reason not to have the button present on the lock screen at all times. Just a suggestion.

iPad 2 picture frame button not showing up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.