Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Face is unnamed' filter not working

When trying to filter photos by 'Face is unnamed' I get a blank canvas (no results). I know that there are unnamed faces because when in Faces view I can click "Show Unnamed Faces" and there are many that show up.

There are definitely no other filters being applied at the same time and this also doesn't seem to be working when setting rules for smart albums.

Why is Aperture not able to filter by these?

Thanks in advance. 🙂

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 7,1

Posted on May 20, 2011 12:08 AM

8 replies

May 20, 2011 6:59 AM in response to McShifty

I got very little to help you out. It does work for me -- I've been working on a large database of portraits and group shots, and the Faces features are all working, including the Filter Rule "Faces" set to "Face ... is unnamed".

Are you giving Aperture enough time to process the query? Look in the Activity window and see what it says.

What happens if you change the argument in the Filter Rule to "Face ... is detected"? Do you get both "named" and "unnamed" images/faces?

Is Faces turned on?

And the usual voodoo:

. Reboot

. Run the Repair, and if necessary, the Rebuild options of the standard trouble-shooting.

Let us know what you find out.

May 20, 2011 8:26 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

Yes, even when I do this on a small album where I know there are unnamed faces it won't work, there is nothing that is loading during this time. When I change it to 'Face is detected' I do get named and unnamed faces.

Faces is turned on. I have rebooted and repaired the database, the permissions and even rebuilt the database last night.

The only think I can think of is that I moved the order of a whole bunch of face groups in the main Faces view into a different order. This didn't affect anything except the order that they appeared in the Faces view though.

'Face is unnamed' filter not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.