Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth PAN Internet Problem Mac Pro to MacBook Pro

Hi,

A few days ago i linked my Mac Pro via Bluetooth PAN to my MacBook Pro. We Started to use wireless net in our office and my Mac Pro doesn't have Airport. So, it worked for 1-2 Days. I could surf on the net accessin my MacBook Pro's wlan connection. Since yeasterday it does not work anymore.

Bluetooth PAN is "yellow" and it says that the "bluetooth connection has a self assigned IP and can't connect to the internet".

Does anybody else have the same problem? Is there a fix available?

Thnx,

Mika

Mac Pro Early 2008 6gb ram, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 20, 2011 1:36 AM

2 replies

May 24, 2011 4:13 AM in response to Roippeli

Have run into this problem repeatedly in the past two weeks. I first discovered I could tether my MacBook Pro to my Droid X and access the internet for free, so I was elated. After a couple of days I could no longer connect the phone to the Mac via Bluetooth as you describe. Then it magically came back a week later, and after two days I lost it again. I spent about 3 hours troubleshooting and solved it. I hope this works for you.

• Open Network Preferences on the computer
  • HIghlight Bluetooth PAN
  • Select the ADVANCED tab
  • Click on "Renew DHCP Lease"

That did it for me. 🙂

Good luck,

Rob

Bluetooth PAN Internet Problem Mac Pro to MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.