Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sky App won't accept login on main iPad but will on iPhone and other iPad

I am unable to login to my Sky account on the Sky+ app on my iPad 2. When I input my user name and password it seems to work, but going back into Settings, it still shows that I am not logged in.

1) I can login OK on my iPhone and my other iPad 2 on the same app

2) the iPad that won't work is a replacement for a faulty one that I just got yesterday

3) I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, reseting the iPad etc.

4) I have restored the iPad as a new device and then , the app works OK and I can login

5) if I restore from a backup, then the app doesn't work

6) I have also tried logging off from all other devices in case only 1 login is allowed, but that made no difference.

The above suggests that I have some form of corruption in my backup, but I can't see why uninstalling/reinstalling the app wouldn't work.

Anyone got any bright ideas apart from restoring as new and reinstalling all apps?

 iPhone 4 32Gb,  AppleTV2-OTHER,  iPad 2 64Gb 3G,  iMac 27" 3.4GHz

Posted on May 20, 2011 5:01 AM

6 replies

Aug 22, 2011 2:45 AM in response to igmackenzie

Interesting - I am having the exact same problem on my iPhone4. I have restored the phone but restored it straight to a backup made a few minutes before restoring and the Sky app still does not work. I can login, but then when I go to settings it shows that I am not logged in, and if I try to record a programme the app just dies and I am returned to the springboard.

I will try a full reset and manually reinstall apps and settings etc and see if that works...

Aug 24, 2011 2:47 AM in response to igmackenzie

Ok, so I tried it and if I restore my iPhone as a new phone and reinstall the Sky+ app then it works absolutely fine. If I restore my iPhone but then restore it to a backup, still reinstalling the Sky+ app as new then it doesn't work and whilst I can login, I am then immediately logged out and cannot remote record.

Definitely a bug in there somewhere but for now the 'fix' seems to be full restore and manually reinstall all apps and settings!

Sky App won't accept login on main iPad but will on iPhone and other iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.