Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-installing flashplayer problems

My son wanted to update the flashplayer on his powerpc G4 10;4;11.... then he found out that he couldn't due to the change in system requirements.

He therefore downloaded flashplayer 10.1.102.64, having uninstalled the previous version.

The installer says that it is complete, but it fails to open or register when trying to play videos on firefox/safari, saying that the flash plug-in is missing.

What is going wrong?

And no, he cant have a new mac.

Thanks

Andy

E-Mac superdrive, Mac OS X (10.4.1)

Posted on May 20, 2011 9:33 AM

20 replies

May 23, 2011 9:54 AM in response to Andrew Cooney

Adobe no longer support the PPC platform

Note that version 10,1,102,64 is the last version available to PPC Mac users

Unhelpfully, if you want the last version for PPC Macs, you need to go here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html and scroll down to 'Archived Versions/Older Archives'. The first one on the list, Flash Player 10.1 is the one you download. More information here: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/838/cpsid_83808.html

You should first uninstall any previous version of Flash Player, using the uninstaller from here (make sure you use the correct one!):

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/865/cpsid_86551.html#prob1=uninst,os=m10.6,

and also that you follow the instructions closely, such as closing ALL applications first before installing. You [i][b]must[/i][/b] also carry out a permission repair after installing anything from Adobe.

Jun 2, 2011 1:55 PM in response to Andrew Cooney

I signed up for some online classes that are streaming video which do not playing . Adobe Flash use to work last year but no longer.The videos take forever to load before it plays.

I'm having the same problem w flashplayer 10.1.102.64 on G4 1.25Ghz w 1.5G ram. OS 10.4.11.

I uninstalled all Adobe Flash via uninstall, then downloaded fp_10.1.102.64_and_9.0.289.0_archive 2 but it will not install. I also tried to add Parian to Flip4mac but that does not work either.

I'm confused what I need to do since Adobe no longers supports this Mac.

Jun 2, 2011 5:30 PM in response to Jefftexas

Hey Folks,

Any ideas for my issues?

When I downloaded fp_10.1.102.64_and_9.0.289.0_archive 2 I got 1 folder, inside that I have Flash Player 10.1.102.64 & fp_10.1.102.64_and_9.0.289.0_archive 2 which open into more folders- no install program.

Since I uninstalled the old Adobe Flash, I have not internet flash abilities. I'm now waiting on BDAqua's link to download.

Jun 2, 2011 5:52 PM in response to Jefftexas

My links should be a lot smaller, but in the ine you have...

Look for the fp10.1.102.64_and_9.0.289.0archive folder, open it, look for the Flash Player 10.1.102.64 folder & open and look for 101r10264 folder & open it, double click on the flashplayer101r102_64_ubmac.dmg file, choose the Install Adobe Flash Player file to install... they don't make it easy!

Jun 6, 2011 10:44 AM in response to BDAqua

Hello BAqua

I am having all the same problems with my MAC OS X 10.4.11. It looks like I've successfully uninstalled whatever Flash product was in the computer - and I did press 'disk repair' - although it's all so long ago, I'm beginning to forget exactly what I've done. In any case, I now can't install the new version and therefore am unable to watch BBC iPlayer (for example). I was trying to access IKEA's kitchen planner!

You're explanation will have to be in simpler computer language than that offered to Jefftexas I'm afraid as I'm very computer illiterate.

Many thanks

Bristol Annie

Jun 7, 2011 12:24 AM in response to bristolgirl

Hi, not sure who you meant reply to actually!?

Could be many things, we should start with this...

"Try Disk Utility

1. Insert the Mac OS X Install disc, then restart the computer while holding the C key.

2. When your computer finishes starting up from the disc, choose Disk Utility from the Installer menu at top of the screen. (In Mac OS X 10.4 or later, you must select your language first.)

*Important: Do not click Continue in the first screen of the Installer. If you do, you must restart from the disc again to access Disk Utility.*

3. Click the First Aid tab.

4. Select your Mac OS X volume.

5. Click Repair Disk, (not Repair Permissions). Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk."

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=106214

Then try a Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at bootup), run Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities, then highlight your drive, click on Repair Permissions, reboot when it completes.

(Safe boot may stay on the gray radian for a long time, let it go, it's trying to repair the Hard Drive.)

If perchance you can't find your install Disc, at least try it from the Safe Boot part onward.

Re-installing flashplayer problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.