Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to move iphoto library from one account to another?

For one reason to another I'm making myself a new account on my mac. I'd like to move my iphoto library from the old account to the new one. I was wondering if the instructions about moving the library to a new location (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=iPhoto/9.0/en/pht6d607c42.html) is just for moving the library within an account? Or does it also work for moving from old account to a new one on the same machine.

If not, any instructions for moving the library to a new account on the same machine?

Posted on May 20, 2011 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2011 10:18 AM

Drag it from the Pictures Folder in the Old Account to the Users / Shared Folder

Drag the it from the Users / Shared folder to the Pictures Folder in the new Account.

Regards

TD

2 replies

May 20, 2011 1:50 PM in response to tibbi

If you have any problems with the library in the new account you might have to download and run BatChmod on the library to reset the ownership and permissions to the new account owner for all of the files in the library. User the settings shown in the screenshot below:

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

For Owner use the owner name for that account. If the account uses a different Group then use it also. You can find the group name by seleting a file in your other account and typing Control+i to bring up the Info window. The ownership and group will be shown near the bottom.

OT

How to move iphoto library from one account to another?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.