Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto export help

Hi everybody!

I just bought a MacBook and i wanted to export all my photos from my old iMac to the new one without losing all the faces and the places I had set before...

Is it possible?

Regards

Andrea

Posted on May 20, 2011 10:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2011 10:54 AM

there is NO exporting or importing involved - just move the iPhoto library intact

Connect the two Macs together (network, firewire target mode, etc) and drag the iPhoto library intact as a single entity from the old Mac to the pictures folder of the new Mac - launch iPhoto on the new mac and it will open the library and convert it as needed and you will be ready move forward.

LN

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2011 10:54 AM in response to arturomuro

there is NO exporting or importing involved - just move the iPhoto library intact

Connect the two Macs together (network, firewire target mode, etc) and drag the iPhoto library intact as a single entity from the old Mac to the pictures folder of the new Mac - launch iPhoto on the new mac and it will open the library and convert it as needed and you will be ready move forward.

LN

iPhoto export help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.