Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to prevent Most Played playlist from including songs played on iPhone?

I just noticed that my Top 25 Most Played iTunes playlist counts songs played only on my iPhone. I don't remember that always being the case. (I don't sync that specific playlist with my iPhone. I don't share my iTunes library on my home network.)

I work out nearly every day to a specific playlist, so the songs on that playlist dominate my Most Played playlist. Is including songs played on the iPhone the default behavior? Is there a way to defeat that?

Posted on May 20, 2011 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2011 12:26 AM

I don't sync that specific playlist with my iPhone.

But the songs in that playlist are in iTunes.

A Smart playlist will include songs from the device the playlist is on (unless you tell it different)..

I work out nearly every day to a specific playlist, so the songs on that playlist dominate my Most Played playlist.

If you do not want these songs in your Top 25 playlist...

1. Select the Top 25 playlist.
  2. Right click - Edit Smart Playlist
  3. Match rule;

Playlist is not {Name of your workout playlist}

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2011 12:26 AM in response to Hersco

I don't sync that specific playlist with my iPhone.

But the songs in that playlist are in iTunes.

A Smart playlist will include songs from the device the playlist is on (unless you tell it different)..

I work out nearly every day to a specific playlist, so the songs on that playlist dominate my Most Played playlist.

If you do not want these songs in your Top 25 playlist...

1. Select the Top 25 playlist.
  2. Right click - Edit Smart Playlist
  3. Match rule;

Playlist is not {Name of your workout playlist}

How to prevent Most Played playlist from including songs played on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.