Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot reset display to macmini default

cannot reset my display (VGA) monitor to default settings on the mac mini

what are my options?

Mac mini, iOS 4.3.1

Posted on May 20, 2011 6:41 PM

2 replies

Apr 11, 2012 6:35 PM in response to taylorfrompeachtree city

I had same problem on my Macbook Air. I accidently changed the display and the screen immediately went blank, leaving me troubled for hours together.

I could see a 600X800 resolution that too only when I connect an external display. If I change it manualy to the default, it goes back to the blank screen whever I remove the external display connection. I tried restarted in safe mode and then setting up the settings to default. no use, whenever I restart to normal mode, the display again goes blank. I tried zapping PRAM, no use. manually deleting some display settings files left the job useless.

Here is the solution I found.

I connected an external display to bring back my 600X800 resolution, installed team viewer and connected using my iPhone to my Macbook. Then I removed the external display resulting a blank screen again. But the teamviewer display on my iPhone told me the right story. I managed to change the settings back using my iPhone and I got my display back!

Cheers

cannot reset display to macmini default

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.