Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW CAN I ADD BORDERS TO MY PHOTOS

Once my photos are in iphoto how can I add borders or frames to them? Is there an application for this?

Posted on May 21, 2011 2:12 AM

2 replies

May 21, 2011 2:18 AM in response to nicolafromadelaide

http://www.iborderfx.com/iborderfx/

Note that it has not been tested with iPhoto 11, so if you're using that version of iPhoto, use with caution.

Other than that use an external editor:

In order of price here are some suggestions:

Seashore (free)

The Gimp (free)

Graphic Coverter ($45 approx)

Acorn ($50 approx)

Pixelmator ($50 approx)

Photoshop Elements ($75 approx)

There are many, many other options. Search on MacUpdate. You can set Photoshop (or any image editor) as an external editor in iPhoto. (Preferences -> General -> Edit Photo: Choose from the Drop Down Menu.) This way, when you double click a pic to edit in iPhoto it will open automatically in Photoshop or your Image Editor, and when you save it it's sent back to iPhoto automatically. This is the only way that edits made in another application will be displayed in iPhoto.

May 21, 2011 10:42 AM in response to nicolafromadelaide

Do you have the iWork suite of applications? If so you can import the photo into a Pages page, set to the print size, use the Media Browser to import the photo you want to add a frame to, and use the Inspector/Graphic pane and add a frame to it via the Stroke menu.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

There are many additional frames that can be used by Pages by editing the Pages preference file.

The standard IWeb, Pages and Keynote applications have only 24 frames for applying to photos. This application changes the preferences files for those applications to make available nearly 80 additional frames: Frames and strokes installer for :iWork ’08, iWork ’09, iWeb ’08 et iWeb ’09.

User uploaded file
Click to view full size

Be sure to keep the install package as upgrades to iWeb, Pages or Keynote, and possibly updaters, will remove them and you'll have to reapply it go get them back..

OT

HOW CAN I ADD BORDERS TO MY PHOTOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.