Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 Computers, one library.....help!

My situation is that I have a desktop computer with 74 GB of music. I also have a laptop with 40 GB. They both run Windows XP. I work with my playlists every night and also work on tagging mp3s. I hate being confined to my office since all my music is on my desktop pc. What I want to do is be able to work with playlists and tag music using my laptop. I was very excited when Itunes allowed me to use the share files feature so I could see my music on my laptop. The problem is that I cannot edit my file names or create playlists. Is there a way to do this? It seems like it should be simple. I have a wireless high speed router and I am just looking for a way to use my laptop to work with the files on my desktop through Itunes. Thanks so much for any help.

Windows XP

Posted on Jan 9, 2006 4:50 PM

1 reply

Jan 9, 2006 5:08 PM in response to Matt Rosenthal1

Asked & Answered: http://discussions.apple.com/click.jspa?searchID=-1&messageID=1486522 User uploaded file

Otto gave you a solid answer in your original thread. Trust me...he knows his way around a PC extremely well. Also iTunes and music programs in specific.

Go with the suggested 'Remote PC' software. Or you can wait for a 'better' answer that may very well trash your Library &/or ID3 tags.

2 Computers, one library.....help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.