Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wordings in the new forum layout

1. The marking of a thread with Correct answer or Helpful answer seems to be more confusing than the old Solved ... or Helpful.... was in the old forums. Many mark questions with Helpful answer though it is the solving answer. This makes the question still open and if people use the filter to find an answer on a similar problem they will not find it.

There are those marking the wrong posting with Correct answer though it isn't, but that might have happened before too.

2. In my ears the phrase Correct answer sounds as it is a quiz we are answering too, not trying to help and find a solution to a problem.

3. Report abuse sounds very harsh in my ears, as if someone has done something criminal, but then English isn't my native language. Report posting was better.

PPC MMD (10.5.8), MBP 15, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 4 GB DRAM

Posted on May 22, 2011 12:16 AM

2 replies

May 22, 2011 9:27 AM in response to fruhulda

I agree. I've made suggestions as have others about the wording of those two items, but I think we're stuck with them, at least for now.

I've seen several posts in this forum/community about "report abuse" because users don't think that there might be other reporting categories under that name. Particularly the one I user most - relocate post.

User uploaded file

wordings in the new forum layout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.