Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Online/cloud storage for use with Aperture?

Can anyone tell me if there is an option for online/cloud storage for Aperture photo libraries? I take a lot of photographs which progressively fill ip my hard drive. I'm interested in getting a Air (especially if the rumors of updated Sandy Bridge processors coming this June pan out), but can't really do that and keep all the photographs on my notebook. I realize I could use an external drive, but I would sort of like to have access to all the photographs without always to carry along the external drive. I suspect such a thing exists, but I'm a novice when it comes to cloud storage... Thanks

MacBook Pro 15" (late 2008), Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on May 22, 2011 7:34 AM

4 replies

May 22, 2011 3:11 PM in response to Argelius

Cloud based storage for these types of applications is at best going to be a hit or miss proposition. Having said that, I do use my MobileMe galleries as a place to publish some of my photos for friends and family to see.

I think your best bet is going to be an external HDD. You might even be able to use one that is connected to your WLAN. However, from what I have read, the format of the disc has to be in the Mac OS Extended format.

Jan 19, 2012 2:13 PM in response to Argelius

Check out Mosaic. Mosaic provides online storage that is integrated with your Aperture Library. This way if you have your Aperture photos referenced to an external hard drive, you can still access all of your files from the road.

This enables Argelius prefered workflow where you use an external hard drive for your local storage but you don't have to carry the external around with you everywhere you go.

Online/cloud storage for use with Aperture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.