Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! I opened Aperture, and ALL MY PROJECTS AND PHOTOS ARE GONE!

Hey guys.

As I got home this evening, I did what I always do- ran straight to my computer to import the photos I took that day. Aperture opened and launched as it normally does, but when I opened it, everything was gone. EVERYTHING. I checked to see if they may have been put in the trash, and there were still some old photos there. I located the Aperture Library on my HD, and checked the info- 89GBs. Sounds about right, so the photos should still be somewhere on my HD. Searched my computer, but alas, that is the only Aperture Library to be found.

The only thing I can think of, is that I recently downloaded a software update that WAS camera-related... I doubt a software update would be that cause behind this... but I'm clueless.

Help? Advice?

Thanks for taking the time to read/answer.

Aperture 3

Posted on May 22, 2011 9:36 PM

3 replies

May 22, 2011 11:23 PM in response to The Final Cut Pro

Have you made sure that Aperture is using th elibrary? do this by selecting File > Switch to Library and verify that the library you located on your HD is selected, if not use the Switch to Library optioin to relselect your library.

If that does nto work try to rebuild your library by locating your library again and with Option and command Keys pressed double click the Aperture library

Good Luck

John

Help! I opened Aperture, and ALL MY PROJECTS AND PHOTOS ARE GONE!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.