Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse horizontal movement slow

I continue to have trouble with my new Magic Mouse. The ergonomics are terrible - it does not fit my hand at all like my other wireless mouse and now the horizontal movement is about 1/10th of the vertical movement. I have cleaned the bottom and left it on the Mobee Charger overnight to be sure it has a full charge but the movement problem persists. I don't know if I can still return these items but I will surely quit using them! The indent on my little finger, it controls the mouse from the right side, is turning into a callous due to the sharp edge on the top of the MM. I also purchased the MM Fix and that didn't help either as my hand was too large to even make contact with it. I sure can't recommend these products even though I enjoyed the new features on the MM while they worked.

iMac 24, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 23, 2011 8:23 AM

6 replies

Oct 21, 2011 2:29 AM in response to MrRules

Hi! Same here.

Brand new Magic Mouse, brand new batteries and Mac Mini 2011 with Lion.

Horizontal sensitivity is insufficient. It is very tiresome to do even simple things like closing a window, since positioning the pointer on the x requires many attempts.

The product is overly expensive and the perfomance is poor.

Not to mention the fact that ergonomics are terrible.

Magic Mouse horizontal movement slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.