Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SD to USB adapter for MP3 Files

I don't have USB port in my car but two SD slots whic allow to listen to MP3 files via car sound system. Please advise what kind of SD-USB adapter could be used for this purpose.

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 23, 2011 10:09 AM

15 replies

May 25, 2011 6:55 AM in response to alexandrefromwoodbridge

There is no such thing. The iPhone only connects with USB, nothing else. There are some SD-USB adapters, for connecting SD cards to computers which don't have SD slots, but nothing for USB-SD. Does your car radio have a 3.5mm aux in? If it has SD slots, it likely has. Then you can get a cheap 3.5mm - 3.5mm audio cable, such as this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/3-5mm-Stereo-Jack-Plug-1-2M/dp/B00077DC3S/ref=sr_1_1?ie= UTF8&qid=1306331681&sr=8-1, and play through the headphone port using the iPod app.

May 25, 2011 8:53 AM in response to alexandrefromwoodbridge

I have heard reports that there exists an iPhone/iPad dock connector to adapter to SD card. That adapter also has an app that allows you to copy contents between your device and the SD card. Using that, you could copy content to an SD card, then plug that SD card into your car stereo and play it. It seems to me that it would be very clunky and time consuming to do, but it would allow you to copy MP3 files from your iPhone to an SD card so you can play them in your car.

I don't recall ever seeing any devices (other than wifi adapters) to allow you to connect two units together via SD card..

May 25, 2011 12:21 PM in response to alexandrefromwoodbridge

To Meg St.Clair

I don't mean uploading camera data to iPhone. I am talking about listening sound files from iphone trough car sound system having SD slots for SD cards with MP3 files.

To KiltedTim

Centre console doesn't have it. When you need to take off one of twoSD cards it is necessary to push special knob, console moves and you can see two slots for SD cards and one slot for navigation DVD or CD. And nothing else.

May 25, 2011 8:43 PM in response to alexandrefromwoodbridge

No aux connector at all? Strange. Did you look in the glove box, under the arm rest, next to the gear stick? You might ask an Audi dealer, they may be able to find it, or install one for you.

This page: http://microsites.audi.com/campaigns/mobile_db_v3/en_US/index.html suggests that an S4 from 09/2007 on should have an aux input.

May 25, 2011 9:11 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

No, I'm actualy speaking of the zoomit reader from PNY. I heard about it somewhere else because it does supposedly work both ways (data to/from iDevice). Here is a link for it on Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/PNY-zoomIt-Memory-Reader-iPhone/dp/B003WTU9I4, but I haven't bought one yet, so I can't say if it will do what they want or not. This is not the Camera Connection kit, it is something different...

May 26, 2011 8:12 PM in response to alexandrefromwoodbridge

Another option is an FM transmitter, Amazon sells lots of them: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keyw ords=ipod+fm&x=0&y=0#/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywor ds=iphone+fm&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Aiphone+fm

My brother uses one, it's pretty good, but he has to switch frequencies every now and then to avoid interference.

May 27, 2011 5:42 AM in response to rbrian Scotland

In major metropolitan areas of the U.S., FM transmitters are no longer really a viable option. The radio dial has gotten so crowded it's almost impossible to find a free spot. Also, the Federal Communications Commission cracked down on manufacturers, some of whom had been making more powerful devices than regulations allow. It's too bad because they used to be really useful.

SD to USB adapter for MP3 Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.