Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime Browser Plugin

Rewording my post to be Apple Mod friendly...

I accidently deleted my Quicktime 7 Browser Plugin and have no idea how to replace it. When you try to reinstall Quicktime 7 it tells you Quicktime X is already installed and stops you from going any further. 2 years ago when Quicktime X was released it was stated that a plugin was on the way but low and behold... still no word. So I need to know how to get the QT 7 Browser Plugin back on my computer, since a Quicktime X plugin is still unavailable 2 years later.

Thanks for taking the time to read,

Cheers

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2), MacBook Pro 13" (late-2009)

Posted on May 23, 2011 10:24 AM

3 replies

May 24, 2011 4:44 AM in response to baltwo

Unfortunately that installer doesn't install the browser plugin. I know where the plugin goes, if I could just find the file online that would work too... but haven't found anything. Even tried going to Firefox's Plugin page but when you click the download link it redirects you to Apple's site for 7.6.9 which we know is not only the wrong version but incompatible with Snow Leopard's Quicktime X.

I'd be nice if they actually provided a Quicktime X plugin, but I'll take a Quicktime 7 plugin at this point... just something to be able to quicktime media in my browser. At this point I can't watch Apple trailers or do anything that requires Quicktime for decoding.

May 24, 2011 10:41 AM in response to mightymilk

Then, reinstall 10.6 from the install disc you have and see which plugin gets installed. It might be that it comes with Snow Leopard's QT X. AFAICT, the latest plugin is dated 1/20/11 and has version #7.6.6, but isn't related to QT Player 7, but to QT Player X. If it's reinstalled, run Software Update and get back to your latest. Alternatively, retrieve the plugin from your bootable backup/clone or Time Machine backup.

Quicktime Browser Plugin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.