Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3 hour life with a full battery?

I have a normal MacBook that I got brand new from Apple last summer. So it's not even a year old yet. In the past couple of days, I would completely charge my laptop and once I took it off the charger, it would have full battery life. The problem is that the full battery life says 3 hours!! I have all of the power save settings on. I also went to the CPU usage under the Activity Monitor.. There are no programs using a high percentage, and the only programs I have open are Safari and Word. What can I do?!

MacBook

Posted on May 23, 2011 10:40 AM

3 replies

May 23, 2011 8:02 PM in response to gabwilson5

It's possible that the battery has allot of cycles on it now. My battery has 190 cycles on it and is at 94% health. The battery health decreases over so many cycles and will begin to have shorter and shorter life. You can loo at how many cycles are on your battery by clicking the apple logo on the menu bar and selecting More Info and then about this Mac. Battery will be listed under power. You can also download an app called Coconut battery.

At 94%, my battery lasts about 3.5 to 4 hrs and my MB is three years old.

3 hour life with a full battery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.