I'm considering high to purchase the iMAC 27-inch 3.1 Ghz i5 and if my question are well answered, with god grace, I will confirm my order on the launch of LION OS.
The iMac will serve the purpose as mentioned below
1. I'll be working on with Pro Logic Music Full Edition (for the purpose of composing and arrangement musics)
2. Aperture 3
3. Final Cut Express
So basically I'll be working on publications, some video and music composing and editing. So thats my main purpose.
However, I'm having consideration to upgrade
1. Is it worth it to upgrade form i5 to i7 processor? Obviously there will be increase in speed. But my question is, doest it really shows a significant speed from upgrading from i5 to i7? Can I see the processiong speed increase alotz? and if it increase, is it just little or huge difference?
2. The pre installed is 4GB, by increasing it to 8GB, will I see any significant differences, especially when working out on logic express and final cut, as i believe it needs alot of memory usage. However, does the 3 applicaiton, supports upto 8GB or what? Does it really contribute to significant of increased performance?
3. Upon purchasing my iMac, I woud like to attach another 2 units of Samsung 27 inch FULL HD supports upto 1920 x 1080 screen resolution. So basically, there will be 2 separate monitors + 1 iMac. So is it necessary for me to upgrade to the 2GB Graphics Card?? Or just leave it as 1GB. By splitting the monitors, do I really need higher resource of graphic card? i'm NOT going to play GAME. I've heard some issues, whereby when they split the monitors, there appear to be some black coverage area, and the screen size is not maximise.
4. I currenlty own a External Sound Card Powered by the FireWire 400mbps, the iMac mentioned it supports up to 800mbps, so can my external sound card support the iMac. ( This is for recording and output purpose) as I won't be using the iMac speakers, instead attaching a huge Powered Speakers to my External sound card.
5. Finally, I'm interested in purchasing the Thunderbolt Peragus Drive which can support up to 4 to 6 terabytes. So the problem and issue now is, iMac provides
1 Fire Wire - (which I will be using for External Sound Card)
Thunderbolt - 2 units, which I will be using it for 2 monitors
Peragus Thunderbolt Drive - I HAVE LACK OF ONE THUNDERBOLT CONNECTION. SO HOW?
can I use the 1 unit of thunderbolt to output into 2 EXTRA MONITORS?? My monitor supports HDMI, and DVI signals. And If yes, Will there be a PIXEL DISTORTION or BREAK?? I mean I really want a clear view of the monitor, without any loss of quality. So please suggest me. I'm extremely new to MAC, and I need very good professional advice.
I would be thankful, if you guyz could answer me clearly, according to the question.