Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preferences>Startup disk> does not show Windows, even tho windows icon is on Mac desktop

I'm using a MacPro, with an installed drive partitioned for Windows7 and have BootCamp installed. I want to use Windows, and when I go to Preferences>Startup Disk, the only option I see is Mac. I don't know how to get to the Windows side

Mac Pro, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on May 23, 2011 2:18 PM

3 replies

May 25, 2011 2:22 PM in response to sharonfromnew york

sharonfromnew york wrote:

I'm using a MacPro, with an installed drive partitioned for Windows7 and have BootCamp installed. I want to use Windows, and when I go to Preferences>Startup Disk, the only option I see is Mac. I don't know how to get to the Windows side

Do you have Paragon NTFS for Mac installed by any chance? If so you need to set the start up disk from the NTFS for Mac pref pane, Although the option key method T5GP5Ox32 mentions works as well.

The other reason it may not show is if you have swapped HDs around and now have the Bootcamp HD connected to one of the extra motherboard SATA ports.

May 25, 2011 3:23 PM in response to sharonfromnew york

For me, with Windows 7 my Mac Pro only showed both in the Windows control panel (Boot Camp) to set the default OS.

Happened to others also.

Not using and nothing to do with NTFS drivers for OS X.

I assume you have Windows now along with all the Apple drivers, the graphic drivers (ATI or Nvidia) as well as others. so you will have Windows with Option key and Apple BC control panel.

My one guess is you didn't read or print or need to go back to the Boot Camp pdf guide just to be sure.

With Windows 7, it installs just fine by itself though best or necessary to remove all your other drives.

http://www.apple.com/support/bootcamp

Preferences>Startup disk> does not show Windows, even tho windows icon is on Mac desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.