Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you email though iphoto?

updated to iphoto 11, seems that the email function is gone!! why? if emailing with the photo browser i can not seem to enlarge the photos to make it easy to decide which photos to use. is there a work around? my opinion, this was not a good move!!! thank you

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on May 23, 2011 5:15 PM

5 replies

May 23, 2011 5:26 PM in response to Jeanne Zoppel

iPhoto has a really neat feature on the left hand side of the top menu called "Help" - you really should check it out

To e-mail from iPhoto '11 select the photo(s) and click share - select e-mail and go - you can also select the e-mail client in the iPhoto preferences if you would rather use mail or some other client than the built in iphoto client

LN

May 24, 2011 10:08 AM in response to LarryHN

thank you so much for your pointed response. now that i have made myself look like an idiot let me rephrase my request more fully, i did check help out prior to my request. though it seems that you can do these templates both "fancy and plain" (i have been using the "plain" version or just generally using the photo browser function in mail) i have not been able to get an email from my mac mail application to come up as in earlier versions.

i changed several settings and i may be missing something, so maybe i am an idiot. the main function that i am missing is my address book so that i can introduce the contacts directly into CC, BCC,TO by clicking.

thank you for any input as to wether this is possible...

May 24, 2011 11:37 AM in response to Jeanne Zoppel

i changed several settings and i may be missing something, so maybe i am an idiot. the main function that i am missing is my address book so that i can introduce the contacts directly into CC, BCC,TO by clicking.

Sorry - remember we know nothing except what you tell us - this was not a part of your original question

Those options - address book - BCC - are not available if you use the default of iPhoto for the e-mail client - I suggest using Apple mail by selecting it in the iPhoto preferences

you can also select the e-mail client in the iPhoto preferences if you would rather use mail or some other client than the built in iphoto client

This gives you exactly the same e-mail operation and functionality as in iPhoto '08 and iPhoto '09

LN

May 24, 2011 12:19 PM in response to LarryHN

yes I knew exactly what i was asking but... duuhhh after reading my post i became fully aware that I WAS the ONLY ONE who know what i was asking. i apologize for not making a full disclosure of my problem and am soo very happy that i can now just put in my contacts easily. i was thinking that i needed to change that in the accounts area and did several times but well that did not work of course.

the function that i was in, is a neat thing for special sendings, but for most of my things the original works better.

one more Q. can you use address book somehow to just click on your set up emails and use the default (fancy) emails? i have been inputting them one at a time with copy paste.

again sorry and thank you for your help!

how do you email though iphoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.